Wednesday 9 June 2010

A Ponder on Dubbing

Although I will watch Gialli in the original Italian dubbing if I have the choice, I've seen enough dubbed into English that there's one voice that sticks out for me. Having lost count of the times I've seen Suspiria I find the dubbing actress's voice for Olga is also used in "Torso" and last night, after seeing "Le Orme" again I recognised her as the voice for Alice's friend at the beginning of the film. I can't imagine it would be possible to credit the names of all the dubbing actors but I would be so interested in finding out who this person is, I'm sure there are many other voices I've heard repeatedly, but her voice is quite distinctive. I should start a search or perhaps someone reading this already knows...


"Le Orme"


"Torso"

1 comment:

  1. Actors for the English dubbed versions were never credited. the producers wanted to give the illusion that these were native English-language films and that you were hearing the original tracks. It's amazing to me how sites like IMdB and Wikipedia ever dug up our names.
    all the best
    Ted Rusoff

    ReplyDelete